Phone Insurance In India

Phone Insurance in India

Having an expensive smart phone means being able to do a lot while you are on the go.  The only problem is that you are not the only person impressed by your phone.  Thefts for smart phones in India, as well as the rest of the world continue to go up as reliance on these devices increase.

In India, only around 2% of smart phones are ever returned or found for their owners.  The other 98% of smart phone owners are out of luck.  Along with straight up theft, ransoming is not uncommon.

While the majority of smart phone thefts occur when the smart phone is left out in a public place (around 44%), there are still more than 10% of thefts that occur directly from assault or pickpocketing.

Even if you go out of your way to protect your phone, there is a very real chance that it may be stolen.  So, what can you do to protect yourself and your information?

Let’s take a moment to look out counter theft options as well as phone insurance plans provided by some of the top insurance companies in India so you have a better sense of what your options are.

Proactive Steps

There is not much you can do once your phone is stolen.  However, you can be proactive about your approach towards keeping your information safe by taking preventative steps and getting phone insurance.

The first thing you will want to do is make sure you have a means of destroying the phone remotely.  This can be either through an app you install yourself on the phone or directly through your carrier.  Destroying the phone remotely means that any person who stole it does not have access to your information.

They cannot hold it for ransom, or otherwise try to take information from you.  Instead, you deny them use of the phone, making their theft completely pointless.

The second thing you will want to do is to get phone insurance for your device.  In India, there are many private insurance companies that will provide you insurance for your phone  It is important to carefully read through the fine print on what they will cover, as well as the reviews left by past clients.  Having phone insurance is impractical if the company providing the insurance refuses to pay out on claims.

Putting It All Together

Will you require phone insurance?  Answering this question depends on how heavily you rely on your phone and the quality/cost of it.

For those with more expensive models, then insurance is crucial. With all things relating to insurance, doing a cost benefit analysis is crucial  If it turns out that getting insurance will save you more in the long run, then by all means consider getting it.

Related articles

Impact of GST on Daily Life

July 1, 2017 is set to become a red-letter day in the history of India and the Indian economy. This is due to the fact that the taxation system of India, established post-independence, is set to see a radical change. Currently there is a plethora of indirect taxes which the GST aims to subsume with its implementation, […]

Learning More About Third Party Insurance In India

Interested in learning more about third party insurance options in India?  Let’s break it down, looking specifically at the mandatory third party motor insurance drivers that many of the top insurance companies in India provide. What Is ‘Third Party Insurance?’ Let’s begin by breaking down what is legally meant by third party insurance so that you have […]

Leave a Reply